Friday, March 13, 2009

Muffin Tin Mondays...on Friday

I found this strangely fun idea here...http://michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/search/label/Muffin%20Tin%20Monday
and decided to try it. Since this is the end of our rainbow theme, we did rainbow food and did it on Friday. I will start doing it on Mondays...next week green food...and will post it for you. The kids LOVED it!! Who knew a simple little different way of eating lunch would spark so much enthusiasm....I suppose I should have known by the way I acted when I first saw it. Anyway...This is what we had...starting with the bottom of the rainbow: Purple...blueberries (I know, connor gave me words on this, but they are purple) and nectarines....blue...sorry it's the only blue food I could find, jellybeans. ...green...cucumber and green yummy stuff (because if I said peppers they wouldn't eat it)...yellow...pears and string cheese )had to add some protien)...orange...fishies and carrots...red...cherry tomatos and strawberries.
So out of all that, guess what they all ate first?? except Jence, he saved his for last!
Oh, they got juice also...we usually have milk, but since it was a rainbow lunch I decided to go all out. :) Here they are singing 'open shut them' which is our lunch song.




5 comments:

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

wow! fabulous job! The tins look great! and to do so many is a feat acompli!

thanks for joining us!

Cicely said...

So sad Quincy missed the muffin tin fun.... but we will be back to enjoy Monday's green theme!

Unknown said...

I liked your unique idea. In this way, children can easily gain knowledge about so many things. I will give 9/10 to your idea.
Service Gem

Bobbi & Noe said...

Your tins look delish!

Dee Light said...

I love all of those little ones eating their rainbow!! What a fun day for them. Great job.