Monday, June 8, 2009

Bee Week.....

Okay...so I made this bee....We actually have not done this project, but I had an open house this weekend and had to 'pre-do' some things so they could see what we were doing. So this project will be for the older kids, and the following will be for the younger ones....because they just like to squeeze glue...and I let them....
I set out paint and a variety of items to paint with. --3 paintbrushes taped together, dish sponge thingies, cut off nylons with rice in it, make-up brushes, etc....Yellow playdough with black pipe cleaners.....A bigger view of the 'messy' room....The sensory bin has black, yellow, and white rice with 'honey comb'...egg cartons, and lima bean bumble-bees.Tubes and marbles.....we put the marbles up when Alondra comes.... :)Discovery Bottles...Bee theme with the sensory bin rice and some bumblebees from the bee game....They roll these and try to count them. There are 6 all together....This was our discussion on Saturday....Can you tell who said what?.....Flannel board......

3 comments:

Preschool Playbook said...

Your place looks so homey and welcoming. I love all the projects too. I hope you had a great open house.

Michelle said...

I am just in love with your set up and all you do with your kids. Was your open house for your existing parents or for getting new parents?? And are you open on Saturday or was it just your open house?? Sorry, I would love to pick your brain someday, you seem to really have it together!! Keep up the GREAT work!!! Your Kids & Parent's are some real lucky people!!!

Annie's Alphabet said...

Thank you guys! The open house was actually for other providers in the area. Every year our Home Daycare Association put on a 'tour of homes'. My daycare was on the tour this year. There were 6 other homes....so I got to see how other people in my area ran their daycares. I have to say, it made me a little sad...There was only one other daycare on the tour that had a great set-up. I got to see 2 others that were not on the tour that were also very great. But the other 5 were...well...let's just say I am not sure what the kids did all day. They had BIG places to boot!! You don't need expensive things to make learning great. Paint, blocks, dress-up, water and dirt....and more paint...and more water. You know, the messy things that people are afraid of. Keep up your great ideas guys...I love your sites too!