Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Around the room......

Cornstarch and water...and some color. This is a favorite. Sometimes I just put out the cornstarch and water and let them mix...but today I had it all set up, even with color. Olivia and Jackson were the first ones to try it out. "What do I do?"....that question for some reason is always asked. I am not sure why they ask because I always say the same thing...."what do you want to do?" "Touch it!" "Okay...touch it" "But I don't want to...." "So what do you need"....which is a question I am learning to say more often.....She said "I need a stick!" So I got a wooden spoon and that seemed to work. "Wheres my spoon?" asked Jackson....so I went and got another one....and another one......


At the table behind the cornstarch were baby food jars filled with watercolor paint, crayons, and paper. Kelly thought it would be a good idea to bring some of the color into the starch....At the big blue table I set out paper and pie tins with different colors of paint. I put one car into the tin...and waited. Quincy (of course) loved this spot. He picked out all sorts of cars, trains, and even a person. "LOOK ANNIE!!! FOOTPRINTS!!!" "your right Quinn...footprints"Can you see the sound that a big person makes stomping on the paper with green feet?The watercolor table.....I love the look of the watercolor pictures. I also love that Alayna likes to mix the colors.....There are now beans in the sensory bin.....There are scoops and small containers but Quinn had a better idea.....He brought over the tubes....."ANNIE!!!! It goes through!!!He tries to make it longer....it didn't work and he moved on to something else....maybe tomorrow.

No comments: