Thursday, January 20, 2011

What Chaos!!! not really.......

I am posting this to show how crazy our room can look when the children are in the middle of playing. Sometimes we walk through and pick up so they don't fall on things...but mostly this is what it looks like during the day. So here is what is going on. If you look at the posts that follow this one, you will see what they are doing up close. The children are usually in thier own little worlds doing their own little things. For the sole reason of blocks...they were all migrating to this part of the room. So, the two in boxes are 'floating' around in boats, and watching along with the one in the jacket. The rest are busy building a large block creation that they started. There are a few behind me in the other room....but I am always amazed, every day, that there can be 9 (there is one on the other side of the blocks) in this one small space and everyone is getting along brilliantly!! This is my testiment to the fact if given time...lots of time...kids will be more patient and more willing to sit and watch and wait and get along with each other. Their imagination will sprout much larger if given the time to do so. We play....all day. The children choose what they want to do....I love my job....I love, love, love it!

No comments: