Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We have baby bunnies!!


My son came home after school on Thursday to find this lump of fur in the cage. Scared for the momma...not knowing what was going on...He went to pet the momma, and seeing that she wasn't moving much, started to pick her up. To his surprise...she was in the middle of childbirth!!....DAD!!!!

They saw these creepy looking little creatures. ..4 of them. Not many people know that bunnies are born very bald. No fur...not any. These guys in this picture are about 5 days old. In another 5 days they should have more fur and their eyes will open. The momma doesn't hang out with her youngins and only feeds them about once or twice a day...usually later in the evening or first thing in the morning.I am excited to be able to bring such an experience to your little ones! In about 6 weeks they will be ready to find new homes. Bunny hutches aren't hard to make.... :) awww....so cute!

3 comments:

Bev said...

I am quite surprised about the naked bunnies. My daughter got a pregnant guinea pig for Christmas a few years ago (we had no idea until it gave birth!), and those little guys were completely furred! I was shocked, as I would have expected them to be bald. The pigs always seemed similar to bunnies to me, so I would've expected the same.

Bunnies are actually illegal to have in our town.

Preschool Playbook said...

What a great experience for all your little ones!

Henri said...

Helllo nice blog