Friday, April 2, 2010

Eggs!

It is that time of year again where we crack eggs. 2 rules...keep it in the bowl, and DO NOT put your hands in your mouth. We watch them closely and for the most part they follow the rules. Of course....keeping it in the bowl is hard, and I know that, so I don't care when they get it on their clothes, the floor, their hair...etc. I just keep giving them gentle reminders to keep it in the bowl. I do this every year and the children love it. This is about an hour project. They work in 2s and between them they crack about 3 dozen. When they are done cracking they start mooshing and dripping, and exploring their bowl full of eggs. It is quite the experience to watch. Olivia, who has been with me for over 3 years now....looks forward to it!! Even Lainey who is now 8 came to join in!














At first they cracked all the eggs into the bowl and put the shells into the crate. When they were done cracking they added the shells!





I am pretty sure Alondra would have gotten in if we let her :) Of course...Quinn is the last one. I think he was the last one last year too. I will have to go back and check. Here he is pretending his hand is a claw of some sort of bulldozer.....and here he is picking it up with his 'claw'. I washed all the clothes for you parents! :) I didn't think you would like dried on eggy clothes.















7 comments:

Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Wow! You're a brave person! My kids would LOVE to do this activity! I'll have to think about this one tho' ;o)

Anonymous said...

I was just showing my mom last year's egg pictures a couple days ago. She thinks you are nuts, haha!

Michelle said...

I remember the posts from last year. I always wanted to do this activity with the kids... one day maybe :) Loved the chicks... wish we could have chickens in my development... Can't wait to see those eggs!!!

Barbra The Bloggess said...

I can see why the children love it.
How "egg-sighting"! Sorry, I couldn't help it, lol...

Anonymous said...

Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes
Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes
l

Nannies said...

AHahahahah Why would you do that? I know its fun and all, but what do you do with the eggs after? Very nice pictures, looks very fun.

Annie's Alphabet said...

I started doing this because the kids love to crack eggs during cooking and usually only 1 or 2 children get to crack the egg, and I wanted to give more children the chance. We use so many, because the more the better...and I probably could use even more! I do nothing with the eggs. It is a tad wasteful, but I feel it is worth the experience of cracking, feeling the egg squish between their little fingers, the temperature, and the overall experience. I try to create experiences I know they will never experience at home...and this is one of them. AND...they LOVE it!! :)